There are so many opportunities to volunteer for BCM and we really need your help. Meet new people, gain new experiences and make a difference to those in need in our city.
BCM Charity Shop Workers
With free time during the week, in particular on Tuesday am, Wednesday & Thursday pm and all day Saturday, to help serve customers and clean, sort and price items.
Van Drivers and Driver’s Mate for the Resource Centre
Van Drivers for Thursday from 9am to 4pm. A full driving licence is required.
Driver’s Mate for Monday from 9am to 4pm.
To collect and deliver furniture. Training will be given and a DBS check taken.
Visitors, Kitchen Staff and Bus Couriers for ElderLink
Kitchen staff, to assist the cook in preparing, cooking, serving and clearing up in the kitchen for 25-30 elderly people on Wednesday 9.30am to 2.30pm each week.
Bus courier, to assist on our mini bus, collecting and returning the clients to and from their homes, on Wednesday 9.30am to 4.00pm each week.
Visitors to visit and befriend allocated clients in their homes or in hospital. In particular, a male visitor, to visit elderly men in their homes, to befriend, assist and encourage them. Must be a practicing Christian. Days and hours to suit.
- sorting food & clothing
- collecting and delivering furniture
- van driving
- answering telephones & booking deliveries
- cooking & serving food
- befriending clients
- preparing food and befriending at lunch clubs
- home and hospital visiting
- minibus driving
- giving talks at lunch clubs
Charity shop & Bookshop
- ironing, pricing and cleaning
- serving customers
- envelope stuffing
- working in the city centre and door-to-door
- working with children and young people
- sorting, wrapping and delivering toys at Christmas
- serving meals at Christmas
- sorting and dating food at Harvest
- working with young people on Camp in the summer
- sharing your faith in the city centre with the Summer Urban Outreach team
apply to volunteer
If you would like to volunteer for BCM, please download the relevant forms below and send to Derek Duke at Birmingham City Mission, The Clock Tower, 2 Langdon Street, Birmingham B9 4BP. For further information contact Derek on 0121 766 6603 or email email@example.com
Voluntary Worker Application Form (for all applicants)
Voluntary Equal Opportunities Form (for all applicants)
Form 7 Self-Certification Declaration Form Youth & Children’s Safeguarding (for children & youth work applicants)
Form 7A Self-Certification Declaration Form Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding (for all applicants except children & youth work)
Christian Doctrine Form (for evangelism and children & youth work applicants)
BCM’s Basis of Faith (for information)