Could you hold a cake sale in June 2019 in aid of BCM?
At work, home or school? At your parents and toddlers group or at church?
Organising a Big Brum Cake Sale is a great way to be involved and make a difference in people’s lives. Your cake sale doesn’t have to be huge – big or small, every effort makes a contribution and is a crucial part of BCM’s work of bringing help to those in need in Birmingham.
So, get baking! Get your friends, families and colleagues baking! Your event could help change lives. Call 0121 766 6603 or email email@example.com to register your sale with us.
Big Brum Cake Sale Resources
Cake Sale Guide – for top tips to help get you inspired for your cake sale
BCM information poster to display at your cake sale
If you would like further resources such as BCM information flyers for your cake sale, please get in touch.
For the bowl: 450g self-raising flour, 175g butter (fresh from the fridge for maximum rise), 2 large pinches salt, 75g caster sugar, 1 tsp Birds custard powder
For the jug: 2 large eggs, 100ml or 6 level tbsps buttermilk (or full fat natural yoghurt)
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5 or 190ºC.
- Put flour, cold butter and salt into a food processor and whiz until breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and custard powder and whiz again.
- In the jug mix together the eggs and buttermilk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and whiz again. It should form a dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface an gently fold the dough a couple of times to make a smooth slab. Don’t overwork the dough.
- Roll out until it is an inch thick.
- Cut into 12 scones, flouring the cutter each time. Place close together on a a baking sheet on greaseproof paper.
- Brush the tops with buttermilk and dust with flour.
- Bake for 20 mins – do not open the door.