There are so many opportunities to volunteer for BCM and we really need your help. Meet new people, gain new experiences and make a difference to those in need in our city.
• Cleaner/Grounds Person The role includes: cleaning all areas of Head Office and the non-public areas of the Resource Centre; maintaining the grounds and small garden around the Clock Tower; cleaning all areas of the homeless Care Centre, with particular emphasis on the kitchen area. No heavy work is required. Would suit a retired/part-retired person looking to work alongside fellow Christians. Hours to suit, but probably would require up to 2 days/week.
• Resource Centre Van Drivers & Driver’s Mates to collect and deliver food, furniture and clothing. Weekdays from 10am to 3pm.
• Care Centre Support Workers to help serve food and chat to guests. Mondays to Thursdays from noon to 4pm.
• Ebay Sellers (for details contact Keith Webb on 07751 305702)
No previous experience required as training will be provided.
- sorting food & clothing
- collecting and delivering furniture
- van driving
- answering telephones & booking deliveries
- cooking & serving food
- befriending clients
- preparing food and befriending at lunch clubs
- home and hospital visiting
- minibus driving
- giving talks at lunch clubs
Charity shop & Bookshop
- ironing, pricing and cleaning
- serving customers
- envelope stuffing
- working in the city centre and door-to-door
- working with children and young people
- sorting, wrapping and delivering toys at Christmas
- serving meals at Christmas
- sorting and dating food at Harvest
- working with young people on Camp in the summer
- sharing your faith in the city centre with the Summer Urban Outreach team
apply to volunteer
If you would like to volunteer for BCM, please download the relevant forms below and send to Derek Duke at Birmingham City Mission, The Clock Tower, 2 Langdon Street, Birmingham B9 4BP. For further information contact Derek on 0121 766 6603 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Voluntary Worker Application Form (for all applicants)
Voluntary Equal Opportunities Form (for all applicants)
Form 7 Self-Certification Declaration Form Youth & Children’s Safeguarding (for children & youth work applicants)
Form 7A Self-Certification Declaration Form Vulnerable Adults Safeguarding (for all applicants except children & youth work)
Christian Doctrine Form (for evangelism and children & youth work applicants)
BCM’s Basis of Faith (for information)