This Lent give a small sum every day and enable BCM to bring friendship and support to the lonely.
- Read about loneliness, its causes and how BCM is working to help the lonely in ‘An end to isolation?’
- Find a jar and attach your Fill me up in 40 days! label. Download and print here, or contact BCM and we’ll send you one: 0121 766 6603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up your jar and display your Lent 2022 poster at home, in your workplace, classroom or church. Download and print your A3 poster here or we can send you one of those too.
- Each day of Lent add a small sum to your jar. It may be the cost of something you give up that day – a chocolate bar or a coffee, your Friday night take-away? It may be a few pence you have left over. If you don’t have much cash around these days, write an IOU and put that in. You can use the printable IOU vouchers here.
- After Easter, grab your calculator and tot up your jar’s contents, the pennies and the IOUs. Send BCM the total at the Jars of Hope giving page. Alternatively, call 0121 766 6603 (ext 7) to ask for BCM’s bank details and make a transfer. Or send in a cheque payable to ‘Birmingham City Mission’ at The Clock Tower, 2 Langdon Street, Birmingham B9 4BP. You could even visit us there and donate your ‘Jar of Hope’ in person, but make sure you cash your IOUs first!