Over 60 guests, volunteers and staff gathered for the Care Centre Christmas bash. The Royal Birmingham Conservatoire Gospel Choir led the carol singing. Prayers were said and candles lit for loved ones not present over Christmas. Gifts were received from Beeches Evangelical Church’s young people who were thanked on the night via a live Whatsapp link. A Christmas message was shared and a slap-up meal enjoyed. Thank you to those who donated table decorations, blankets, food, finance, time and energy to make possible a very special evening.
We asked our Care Centre guests, volunteers and staff, ‘What are your hopes and prayers for 2019?’ Please pray with them.
- To have my own place and a full-time job
- To be helping at the Bridge Project (the Bridge Project provides supported housing for those recovering from addiction)
- To pass my driving test, get my son home and possibly start a degree
- To ride Blue (my bike)
- To cycle through Wales and motorbike from John O’Groats to Land’s End in 24 hours
- To get out of my current living situation, get healthier and get a job
- For health and to get back into full-time work
- To continue to have good relationships
- That my twins will be delivered safely
Support the work at the Care Centre by registering for BCM’s Sponsored Sleepout on Friday 15th February