Wherever you look in the Mission, its operations would not be viable without its volunteers. We are currently in urgent need of:
• ElderLink Visitors (must be a practising Christian and ideally with their own vehicle)
• ElderLink Bus Driver (minibus driving licence required & minimum age of 25)
• ElderLink Bus Courier
• ElderLink Support Workers
• Resource Centre Van Drivers (3.5T driving licence required & minimum age of 25)
• Resource Centre Support Workers
• Care Centre Support Workers
• Charity Shop Assistants
No previous experience required as training will be provided.
For other volunteer opportunities at BCM, and more information on how to apply, click here.
If you would like to chat about volunteering at BCM, please get in touch with Derek on 0121 766 6603 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Margrete explains why she volunteers at the Resource Centre:
‘I was born and grew up in Birmingham. After jobs in retail, with children and in housing/homeless services, my last was hostel support worker. I sometimes referred residents to the Resource Centre for furniture, when they were moving into their own accommodation.
When my contract ended, due to restructuring of the hostel, I asked Chris if I could volunteer with BCM. That was 5 years ago! I feel I’m still helping people. There are challenges, but it’s a good team who really support one another. I’ve been homeless myself, so I understand the problems. When I’m employed again, I’d want to continue volunteering at the Resource Centre: it’s vital work.’