The Children’s Team has regular contact with over 140 Birmingham primary schools, delivering Acts of Collective Worship to approximately 42,000 children every term. In addition the team supports the teaching of the 2007 Birmingham Agreed Syllabus for RE and leads out-of-school activities. All information about Christian beliefs is presented in line with government guidance. The team is made up of three full-time and two part-time workers, plus a number of regular volunteers All our staff and volunteers have enhanced DBS clearance and can provide documentation if required.
Acts of Collective Worship
- KS1 & KS2 mainstream and special schools
- Termly visits
- Special assemblies for Harvest, Christmas & Easter
This short clip is from a Birmingham City Council film which exemplifies ‘good practice’ when delivering Acts of Collective Worship. Three of the presenters shown are BCM staff delivering assemblies in both primary and secondary schools.
- Lessons linked to the Birmingham Agreed Syllabus for RE (2007)
- Mainstream and special schools
- Lesson series and stand alone lessons, relating to a specific disposition
- Lessons which focus on BCMs work amongst homeless and marginalised people
- 30 minute lunch clubs & 60 minute after-school clubs
- Varied programme including: Bible story, games and other fun activities
- Year group specific: year 1/2; year 3/4; year 5/6
- Short or long-term programmes
- Carefully chosen themes with a universal application
Junior Camp and Holiday Clubs
These are opportunities for children to enjoy subsidised fun activities in a safe relaxed environment. Each year we take approximately 30 children away on a weekend camp at a woodland site and provide holiday clubs for around 200 children.
All of the above are free to schools. However, you may wish to make a donation towards our expenses.
We also offer, at a moderate cost:
- Getting the best from the 2007 Birmingham Agreed RE Syllabus
- Conducting Acts of Collective Worship of a mainly Christian character
For more information or to make a booking, please contact:
Sue Fearon, Children’s Team Co-ordinator